A wonderful way to relax on one of our safaris through Northern Tanzania’s most famous national parks and conservation areas. We offer a great deal of safari itineraries to suit any schedule. All our safaris use well-maintained Toyota Land Cruisers or Land Rovers TDI, with roof hatches for unobstructed and up-close game-viewing. Our safari itineraries include all park fees, an English speaking driver/guide, meals and lodge accommodations. Price per person varies depending on group size.
Day 1: Arusha to Tarangire National park
Today we drive to Tarangire National Park, for excellent game viewing. Tarangire is a small park which offers some excellent sights. Generally in the dry seasons Tarangire comes alive as wildlife and birdlife congregate on the Tarangire River, which is a permanent source of water. Later noon drive to Panorama campsite for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Tarangire to Ngorongoro crater
We start the day with an early morning game drive before heading to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Ngorongoro is a special place in that it is a Conservation Area, not a National Park; this means that the whole area is managed for both the animals and the local Masai people who graze their cattle alongside the indigenous wildlife. During the drive in Ngorongoro we have a chance to glimpse something of the Masai way of life. After stopping at the entrance gate, where there is a chance to learn more about this fascinating volcanic landscape, we will drive around the rim of the Crater itself, and from here we can look down and see the herd of wildebeest or buffalos. Finally we descend into the crater. The crater walls provide a natural sanctuary for the animals, which means there is plenty to see: lions, elephants, buffalo, rhino and leopard (if you are lucky). The only animal you won’t see in here is a giraffe, whose long legs are unable to cope with the steeps sides of the crater. In the late afternoon we make a short journey from the crater to Panorama campsite for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Ngorongoro crater to Lake Manyara National Park
Today we drive to Lake Manyara National Park for a full day of game drives. This is one of Tanzania’s smaller parks but still offers a rewarding and diverse safari experience. The lakeshore at Manyara teems with birdlife, and while you are looking for the birds, you might spot one of the elusive tree-climbing lions. There are a surprising number of other large mammals and the striking cliffs on the Rift escarpment form a dramatic backdrop. In the late afternoon will drive to Arusha.
End of service.
BOOK THIS TOUR
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges
- Private guide
- Private 4 x 4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport
- Park fees
- Crater fees
- Airport Arrival/Departure Meet and Greets at the airport
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebook, karibuni welcome packet with useful information for all guests
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
Price not included:
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival, USA and CANADA passport holders USD.100
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 500 per person etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature